1. Does Klen-taq (TK1000) product have chemical modification or biological modification?
It is without any modification. Moreover, the proof-reading activity of Klen-taq products is thrice that of a normal Taq DNA polymerase.
2. Are there any user manual or specification that supports the 5X PCR Master mix?
Yes, please check the user manual sent with the product or download it from SMOBIO’s website.
3. Do you provide 2X PCR Master Mix for PCR? There are many brands that provide 2X PCR Master Mixes.
Due to the need of the market, some of the PCR master mix will be provided in 2X format too.
4. Can the reverse transcriptase RP1000 be diluted to one quarter for general use?
Probably, but it depends on the quantity and quality of RNA that individuals use. In most cases, the recommended amount of enzyme delivers the best result. Diluted usage may vary its effectiveness.
5. Why is the size of the PCR product slightly different from prediction when used with TP1260 for PCR reaction?
It is due to variation of the fluorescent dye/DNA ratio. If less DNA was bond with too much fluorescent dye, the DNA would migrate slower in the electrophoresis and presented a larger size than expected. TP1260
therefore is not suitable for running such experiments needed to distinguish subtle differences.
6. Does SMOBIO PCR master mix uses hot-start?
For now except the real time PCR master mix, the other PCR master mixes does not use hot-start.
7. Which fluorescent system is used in SMOBIO TQ1100?
The fluorescent system of SMOBIO TQ1100
is SYBR green related system. These fluorescent dyes can bind dsDNA and the fluorescent signal depends on the amount of dsDNA. This system is different to Taqman which uses a specific probe system to quantify DNA amount.